Thursday, March 13, 2008

Murder in Montrose

I was shocked to find out there has been a murder in "M" town... a very small town where I grew up. I mean "murder"... Where someone deliberately kills someone. I've heard a lot of rumors surrounding what happened. I just pray for his family; for their strength, increased faith & trust in God...

There was a murder about 25 or so years ago. An older man was stabbed to death. His murder is still unsolved. I just finished making a comment a few days ago to a co-worker that my town hadn't had a murder in 25 years and then boom! we had one. I guess I should have kept my mouth closed.

My husband has a cousin getting married this month. He's older than she is. I hope they get counseling before the big day. Marriage is a HUGE step. It ain't no joke. Don't get me wrong, I love my husband, but it's been work. I know that without Christ, prayer, supplication, fasting, forgiveness, being humble and submissive, the Holy Spirit, the Word of God, our spiritual leaders of our church, and the righteous praying for us, we would not still be together.

Meet The Brown's - another Tyler Perry movie is coming out this month. Our church's married couples are going to see it. I'll have to share how that goes. I always enjoy his movies. The cussing gets on my nerves some times, but the message of the movie gets through. I know the cussing is a part of the character, but does it have to be used in the movie to make a point? Let me hear your comments on that.

Another issue I'd like to hear from you about is "dancing". Is there anything wrong with secular dancing? This is one that teens struggle with. I'd think as long as it is tasteful, with class & not provocative or degrading and it praises the Lord-shouldn't it be OK? let me hear from you...

I'll go for now. Let us continue to pray for our country, for family, for ourselves and for the many challenges we'll face tomorrow and beyond. Holy Spirit grant us wisdom to make the right decisions.

No comments: